4.08.2009

Stalling...

Hunter and Gabriella are the king and queen of stalling when it comes to bedtime.  We do the same routine EVERY night, and every night it's the same thing...  I want milk, I need to go potty, I want the night-light on, read me a book, put on some music, I need water, don't close the door all the way, sing me another song...  not quite in that order, but you get the picture.  Anyhow, for some reason I buy into it EVERY night and I can't resist their little voices when they call out "needing" something.  

Well we put the two kids to bed separately (Gabriella first) since they share a room and tonight was no different with the stalling.  I was on my third trip out of her room and started losing my patience when Gabriella says, "mommy" and I take a deep breath about to tell her for the zillionth time to 'go to sleep' and she continues, "I love Jesus."  I was bathed in warmth and love and my impatience was gone.  "And Jesus loves you sweetie, very much" I replied.  And with that she laid down her pretty little head and was silent.  Out of the mouthes of babes...

4 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

That is so cute! What a sweetheart!

Amanda said...

How sweet! Those are the moments that make you really stop and think!

Heidi said...

What a great thing to hear. That is really sweet!

Leslie said...

okay, now THAT is a sweet posting. i loved that. thank you.