10.02.2011

Mainland Trip Part Ten: The Last Days

On June 27th we spent a relaxing day back at the Hitz Home while Ryan went in to work. The kids and I played outside after being cooped up in the car ALL day the previous day on our drive back from Utah.
Family Friends, Jim & Carolyn were there visiting!
My & my baby :)
G'ma Ginger introduced the kids to a new activity :)
On June 28th we were a bit lazy...
and met our friends at Windsor Lake! (But we missed the beach!)
On June 29th we went to Denver to celebrate G'ma Ginger's birthday! We began by visiting the Butterfly Pavilion- it was awesome!
Everyone got a chance to hold a tarantula...
And then we saw...
the most AMAZING butterflies!
One landed on Hunter ;)
After that we went to the Aquarium in Denver where we saw lots of wonderful sea creatures!
Like the Green Moray Eel,
And a sea turtle,
and... a tiger?
And we got to touch sting rays... so soft!
Of course, we couldn't leave w/o our tatoos :)
That night I ran over to my parents house to look in the boxes of things I have there to see if I needed to bring back anything and I saw my wedding dress... it's tradition for me every anniversary for me to try it on and make sure it still fits. And since I couldn't this year (for my 10th anniversary) seeing as it was in Colorado, I did it this night. What do ya think?
Still fits after ten years! :)
June 30th was Ginger's birthday and we spent the morning having one last playdate with our good friends the Southams!
That night we had presents,
and cake- and said our goodbyes.
Because the next morning- for real this time- we flew home.

No comments: