12.17.2009

Thanks Stef...

Well, we've done it. After 8 1/2 years of marriage, we FINALLY got some "real" family pictures. And I mean "we" as in RYAN TOO. I know, I know. You think the 2nd Coming must be here for that to have happened. But let me just tell you... we knew it would only happen on a beach.

I heard about Steph and her love of photography from a friend of a friend. She was great! And low and behold we even scraped by with a few good shots. Not that I doubted her abilities. No, no, no! It was US (specifically my kids) that I was worried about. It's amazing what a bribe of "a happy meal at McDonalds" will do for my kids- or rather me!

Of course, it was very stressful getting everyone ready and out the door on time in their clean, white shirts... I even told Gabriella that she wasn't allowed to eat anything until afterwards. Did it matter?? Nope. She still managed to find some chocolate in the car and get it on her shirt as we were leaving! Hello! Baby wipes and Tide stick to the rescue. Whew!

My darling babies. They are all getting so big. But that's OK. We actually have more fun together now as a family. We DO things together. It's not just us watching them be cute anymore... well, I guess we still do that too. Forever.

Hunter was not about to get his feet wet! The little turkey! He missed out on one of the most fun moments of the entire photo shoot. Let me tell you- we were a bit high strung. Thanks for hanging in there with us Stef!

Ahhh, look at me all nice and dry. Well, it didn't last.

There was this awesome tree swing where we were on the beach. I seriously felt like Ryan and I were taking engagement photos. It was really fun! P.S. This beach is in Hau'ula. We live about 10 minutes from it. We need to go back and explore it a bit better- this time in swim suits!

This is one of my all time favorite photos. It is so candid and I love it. Look at Gabriella twisting her hair- I can't believe that was caught on photo... she does that ALL day long. All the time. But I would never think to just take a picture of it. And I don't think any 6 year old boy could be happier than Hunter on this swing... =)


All in all, we made it through. It happened and I am grateful that it's over. Oops! Did I really just write that? Hopefully we won't wait another 8 years for more photos. But I guess only time can tell.

Why are getting family photos so dang stressful? All we ask is for small children and two parents to act "normal" and like they "like each other" and smile for a few awkward moments. And of course, not get anything on their clothing- or mess up their hair- and not cry... Is that too much to ask?? I know that MOST of you, (you who ARE normal) know exactly what I'm talking about. And that is why these are rhetorical questions.

Happy day. We have some happy pictures. And we all look happy! Yay!

You thought I was finished, but no. There is one more person I need to thank by way of taking our pictures. That is my dear friend, Courtney. She took the beautiful picture of my children at the top of my blog. I don't know if I ever gave her credit, but it was her eye, her patience, and her love of photography that gave me some of my most cherished pictures of my children. Thank you Courtney- a million times over!! I love you, my friend!

OK- random side note; it's midnight and there is a FREAKING ROOSTER crowing outside right now. GIVE IT A REST! Maybe you don't ever want to visit... Just kidding- did you see these pictures?? Why aren't you on the next flight over?? Free lodging... =)

8 comments:

The Woolley's said...

Those turned out darling! I need to bribe my kids better! Yes we all know where you are coming from, and I may just wait 8 years till the next family picture! I will visit! I will!!!!

Courtney said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! I LOVE them...yes you are right, the one where Hunter is on the swing is my favorite....it was good to see Ryan in these pictures:)

miss you stil.

kelsey said...

Those pictures are great! Your family is just so cute! We've never had family photos done either-and we're heading on 8 years...

Brooke Bennett said...

These pictures look so great!!!

Maike said...

LOVE the pictures! Your favorite is mine too. We have a hard time getting pics done, as well. When people complain and ask why, and I try to explain, it just sounds silly and petty...But when we try to get pics done it's not so petty anymore. Everything is sooooo stressful...I don't know why.

Tamara said...

Gorgeous family pics C! We have yet to do them too! Maybe we'll do ours when we come to Hawaii...

Jenni said...

I love all of them! Stef does such great work! But she also had adorable subjects to work with!

Amanda said...

I love your pictures! They turned out great! Somehow I missed this post until now. I keep dreaming of visiting!