7.25.2010

BIG Girl

Here is what's been happening at our house...

This is last week. I bought this. Kolea LOVES playing in the water. And for 6 bucks at Target, this little piece of heaven can be yours too. It has brought hours of delight to this little one. But this day in particularly (the day it was purchased) it was crucial for Kolea to play in her new pool and become exhausted in order to successfully pull off my plan for that evening. She needed to be spent to be ready for...
This!
This is her "big girl" bed. She has been moved out of the crib (in plenty of time before the new arrival.) And I needed her to WANT to go right to sleep, regardless of WHERE it was.
Luckily she was VERY excited about her new, "big girl" bed and was more than happy to pose for me. =)
And here she is folks! It took only two threats, telling her (and showing her) that she would HAVE to sleep in the crib if she didn't stay in bed and go to sleep.

The second night it took only once for me to put her in the crib for her to understand that she can't get out of bed and she needed to go "nigh night." She did NOT want to sleep in the crib. She LOVES her bed! And we haven't had a single problem since... not to say that we won't, but we're being optimistic- and crossing our fingers!
Awww my sleeping princesses! Next up... decorating their bedroom!
So is this where I get all sappy and sad and say "oh my baby is growing up!?!" I could, but it's not my style. I try to enjoy the different stages of my children and know that there are fun things that come along with each stage as they DO get older. Of course, it may be easier at this point knowing that I have one more child I'll be doing this with. Perhaps when it's down to this last child- transferring him into a "big boy" bed I'll be all blubbery. But not now. I am proud of Kolea's simple accomplishment and grateful that she's made it so easy on Ryan and I!! Love you Kolea!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Chandra, thanks for ypur sweet comments! I've really missed you guys! Pls let me know how I can help when the new baby comes! Ster talks about Ryan all of the time! We'll get the party hats ready and give you a call! :)

Jenni said...

And Kolea is too cute!

ashley said...

ha- love the not blubbery ending! i am the same way, i get excited to see them grow up and do new things! way to go kolea!