8.03.2010

FHE Dessert

I LOVE divinity. My kids LOVE divinity. I make really yummy divinity! In fact I'm known in my family for it. And I normally make it only at Christmas time.

It is not Christmas. Nor is it any other holiday for that matter- but I wanted to make divinity. Maybe it is "pregnancy cravings" I can blame it on, maybe not. But there is no reason why I can't make divinity at any other time of the year... so I figured we should have it for Family Home Evening dessert.

There is one little thing you have to take into consideration... HUMIDITY.




The pictures are pretty self-explanatory.

It didn't work out. This time. I even checked the humidity levels and (according to my phone) they were at 60% at that moment. Last Christmas I made it at 64% humidity and it worked out... so I was hopeful. But it was not to be.

No matter. It didn't stop my kids and I from a little indulgence of pure sugar.

When I say pure sugar, you must know the ingredients for divinity: sugar, corn syrup, water, egg whites and vanilla. That's it. The trick is knowing how to put it together. =)

Maybe next time.

3 comments:

janeil said...

That is so Awesome! I love the last picture of Kolea where it is just hanging off her chin! Great shot! We love divinity at our house to only I put Chris in charge of it. He doesn’t cook often but he can make some tasty divinity. And way to go for being a great mom and letting them play in it:)

Jenni said...

LOL, that is hilarious! Your kids look like they loved every minute of it and that's all that matters!

Jaliz & Chelsea said...

Haha
cute!