4.23.2011

Waimea Falls

There is a place, an oh so BEAUTIFUL place called Waimea Falls...

Why haven't we been there before now? Probably b/c there is an entrance fee- let's be honest. And usually we stick to things that are FREE like the beach! But it was sooooo worth it.

These are botanical gardens along a paved path about a mile long. It's extremely easy to "hike" and I even brought my stroller. There are many plants and beautiful trees to look at along the way, but the real treasure is at the end of the hike at the waterfall.
I'm told that the falls change depending on the time of year and what the rains have been like. We came on a good day :) And as a side note, were you ever into the hit show, LOST? Well, remember when Kate found the guns in a large pond? Well folks, this is where it was filmed!
I'm really not THAT happy as I am FREEZING! I was going numb at this point :)
They even had activities like this "learn the hula" moment while we were there. But we were too busy playing in the ice cold water!
There is a short "class" for anyone that wants to swim in the falls and anyone under 12 MUST wear a life vest. So it makes sense why there is a bit of an entrance fee. It pays for things like this- and the cute lifeguards :)

First I took Hunter and Gabriella to the waterfall. The closer you get, the harder it is to get under it! It's SOOOO powerful! I never even FULLY went under it for fear of the pressure. But I went right up along the side of it.
IT. WAS. AWESOME.
Then I dragged Kolea out there :)
We did a few fun things with my bro, Adam and his wife, Tami while they were here. One of which was walking around the temple. It was fun to have them here- on our turf :)
We like visitors ;)

1 comment:

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

I love the Waimea Falls! Ashlee & I went there when we went to Hawaii on vacation, oh geeze about 5 years ago! It was SOOOO beautiful! Seeing all your pics makes me want to go to Hawaii again! And that's awesome that Adam and Tami came to visit!