10.31.2008

HALLOWEEN!

Here we are in all of our Halloween glory!  The kids and I were navigating the party scene while Ryan was outside directing people to park their cars along the sidewalk for an easy trunk-or-treat later that evening.  I'm Little Red Riding Hood if you couldn't guess.  I had a cute basket too which was temporarily replaced by the cute baby.  P.S. my mom made my costume.  She is so talented.
Kolea was a little lion.  She was so adorable and cozy!  She slept through a lot of the party.  Surprise, surprise.
We were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather all week long.  In fact, this is the first time since I've lived here (7 years) that there hasn't been a first snow before Halloween.  We were not complaining.  I've never seen so many princesses and fairies in all my life!  And all the costumes you can't wear when it's freezing outside came out this year.  Hunter was a very convincing ninja and Gabriella was a beautiful Sleeping Beauty- she was sooooo excited!
These are some pictures from two different ward Halloween parties.  The first is of the kids and I walking around during the costume contest.  Notice how Gabriella is eating an apple.  She took it out of the basket that was for display- oops.  She looks more like Snow White eating that apple than Sleeping Beauty.  =)
I was surprised to find Ryan sitting at this table ready for a "pie eating" contest.  Where really all they had to do was try and find as many gummy worms in the whip cream as quickly as possible in 10 seconds.  On your marks, get set...
GO!  Come on Ryan!!
Well that was short lived.  He only found 2 in the 10 seconds!  Mmmm, yummy.  If you notice in the background, my little lion is being held by Ryan's dad (the hotdog.)  And Mini Mouse is looking on (Ryan's sister, Lexie.)  She pulled off that wig quite well!  
Each year we have an annual pumpkin carving party.  This year I made some fun/scary treats.  I got the idea from a party that my sis, Tamara went to.  Anyhow these are called witch fingers.  I shaped each and every one myself and then made the knuckles with a toothpick!  The "blood" is raspberry jam and the "fingernails" are almond slices.  Sick huh?  This tray is before they were baked.
And this is after they were baked.  Those are some fat fingers!  Heeheehee!

5 comments:

Jyl said...

SOOOOOOOOO CUTE! what a cute mom you are.,. I usually dress up, but my motivation was hunting in WY this year! hahah. Love the cute treats!

Courtney said...

loved your costume...you were the cutest mom at the ward party:)

Thanks again for the yummy (scary) treats!

Leslie said...

great costumes. :)
those fingers look gross.

kelsey said...

You look so cute! Love the costume. You're kids are adorable. Marryn was very jealous that Gabriella was Sleeping Beauty. That is her favorite princess. Love how she grabbed the apple and ate it! My girls never want to wear "real" clothes either. Everyday is a dress up day!

Becky said...

Fun Halloween! You all look so cute!