11.12.2010

Lost Teeth & Super C

The morning of November 4th, Hunter lost his front tooth. It had been loose for a while and it finally fell out. He was SO excited b/c to him it meant getting $1 from the tooth fairy!

THEN...
The afternoon of November the 4th, Hunter PULLED OUT his other top tooth! Eek!

It was a loose, but not to the degree of his first tooth that had "fallen" out that morning. He came to me all bloody and excited crying, "the tooth fairy will bring me TWO dollars now!" :)

And he said it didn't hurt.
So, um, yeah. The tooth fairy TOTALLY FORGOT to come that night and he was crushed. We felt so bad- but the tooth fairy made an appearance the next afternoon and Hunter had his payday!

* * * * * * *

This is what was going on at my house last night. That is Ryan's sister, Lexie and her roommate, Maria. They were making candy leis for Hunter. Hunter was nominated as a Super Citizen again! Some of you may remember a post last Spring when he was a Super C in Kindergarten. So instead of spending a fortune on pre-made candy leis, I decided we ought to use the left over Halloween candy that I'd put away a while ago!
This one is super cute!
Hunter is bringing in his chair for the assembly. That building in the background with the awesome mural is where Hunter's classroom is.
Here is Gabriella in her Kindergarten class patiently waiting for the assembly to begin. They have one each month and we always pray for no rain. Unfortunately it rained twice during this assembly. Gabriella had left her sweatshirt in the classroom so I ran out to give her mine. :) I figure she has to stay at school and I can go home and change if needed. So I'd much rather be the one in wet clothes for the time being...
Here are the Super Citizens of the First Grade at Lai'e Elementary!
After they are done announcing all the children in the same grade, family and friends are welcome to go up to their student and congratulate them by giving them gifts. It's tradition to always give a lei when someone is being recognized. And for kids- often they get candy leis!

Tia Lexie giving Hunter his first of four leis! When I hugged him he said, "I hope I get lots of candy!" I pulled his leis up to his face and said, "what do you think all of this is!?!" He laughed. I think he was so overwhelmed that he wasn't really paying attention! Sooo like Hunter. :)
Hunter's teachers love him! He is well behaved and a great student. He does as he's asked and is quite a social little guy! In fact at his recent PT Conference that was the only mark that wasn't a top mark for him. He's so social that it got him in trouble a couple of times. :)

Hunter is a wonderful big brother although he LOVES to tease. He's almost 7, so I'm pretty sure that comes with the territory. He is a typical first child and tried to parent everyone else and make them follow the rules! But above all he loves to play and have fun with friends!! We love you Hunter and thing you are the best Super Citizen ever!

At the end of the assembly they also recognized the top fund raisers for a recent walk-a-thon that the school put on. They raised money for their school in order to buy better computer equipment and those types of things. They raised over $8,000! And Hunter was among the top 10 students in the school who individually raised the most funds. Way to go dude!

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Wow Im so happy for Hunter! What an achiever!! Your such a wonderful mother to be raising your lil ones in such a good way and its showing. Reading your blogs makes me look forward to starting a family. I look forward to your next post!!

Tamara said...

That is so funny that he PULLED OUT a tooth! Remember when $2 was worth that? Well, we only got a quarter so I guess it never was worth it! :) That's so great about him being a super C and funny about him being super social too! :) At Ethan's PT we were told to remind him to raise his hand in class. Apparently he always knows the answer first and shouts it out! Ha ha. Kind of nice that our boys "bad" behaviour is really a good thing when they are older - being sociable and being smart! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a fun picture https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_44prryybbn0/TN2u-5RjpFI/AAAAAAAABYE/sqWC6eeCXZ4/s1600/IMG_4342.JPG I ran it through some good software in photoshop and increased the resolution a little so I could display him life size. It is very clear and sharp and he appears to be directly in front of me when I am looking at him! His looks and expression crack me up whenever I walk up to him and rub my tongue against his tongue! Sometimes I put the display on the ground and sit there and rub my toes over his lips and tongue. That cracks me up as well! I love kissing Hunter in this picture https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_44prryybbn0/TN2u-VqRhtI/AAAAAAAABX8/WUsxgeIrMsM/s1600/IMG_4392.JPG I also love laying the display on the floor and spreading my toes over his mouth and nose. Looks like he is smelling my feet and that expression is perfect LOL!