3.24.2009

Spring Break in San Diego

We normally go to Orlando Florida to Disney World each Spring Break with Ryan's family.  This year we chose to go to San Diego since Ryan's sister and her husband are currently living there attending school.  We stayed in a beach house in Encinitas (just north of San Diego) and this was the view from the back patio.  We were on a cliff!  
Gabriella always finds flowers fascinating- even when they are found among the potted plants.  Oops!
Mom Hitz and I spent some time on Sunday afternoon shelling the peas for dinner that evening.  I felt almost "country."  =)
Sunday evening, I found Gabriella outside looking at the view with her tia Lexie (auntie.)  She was already in her Barbie pajamas before the sun had set.  She loves them!
I turned around and found Hunter pulling faces at Kolea and Dad Hitz.  Then he demonstrated for me.  What a lovely child.  =)
Ryan and Kolea were enjoying the sea breeze.
Here is my own little mermaid.  She was so excited to be buried.  The few times we went onto the beach (b/c it was chilly most of the time) she wanted to be buried in the sand.  Let's just say I did lots of laundry during the week.
I loved this picture of Hunter as he was walking along with stick in hand.  All the innocence of a 5 year old.
This was at SEA LIFE Adventure next to Lego Land (which happened to be closed.)  We love marine life and had a great time exploring the depths of California's waters!
This dome was inside one of the fish tanks!  Yes, those are real fish you see.  Kind of cool!
DISNEYLAND!!
What is a day at Disneyland without bingeing on as much cotton candy as you possibly can??  I think we bought 5 or 6 cotton candies that day.  Hehehehe- I'm as bad as the kids!
Daddy and tio David (uncle) are helping out with feeding the baby while mommy took a turn on the Indiana Jones ride.  It was the best!  I love that ride...
Post Disneyland dinner (@ 8:30 pm.)  IN & OUT BURGER!
Gabriella opted out of In & Out Burger.  I suppose shoving a burger down a sleeping child's throat isn't a good idea.  She fell asleep within 5 minutes of leaving Disneyland.
Here is my sweet family in Encinitas at some gardens on the grounds of a Realization Temple.  The gardens were beautiful and very peaceful- well at least I'm sure they were peaceful for those that didn't have small children running around.   =)
This was my favorite sunset picture that I took.  The west coast rocks.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a fun vacation! The beach sounds pretty nice right now!

The Woolley's said...

What a super fun vacation!! I have many fond memories of shelling pees growing up, I'm all country at heart, even if I have to live in the city. Gabriella looks like she is buried standing! Cotton Candy is THE BEST!!!! I'm a total addict! Your family is so beautiful! Fun, fun!

Tamara said...

Wow! That looks like fun! What great pics Chandra! Seriously. Thanks for sharing. Love ya.