8.20.2010

Sunset Beach

Sunset is rapidly becoming one of our favorite beaches to visit. Besides the fact that it's beautiful, it also has a nice sandy bottom and plenty of swimming room for the kids w/o crazy waves. Don't get me wrong, we like waves too- but it all depends on what kind of beach experience you want that day.

This is last Saturday, August 14th which also happened to be my sis-in-law, Danielle's birthday! So we went to Sunset to just BE!

How picturesque can you get!?!
This is Dani with Gabriella and Lexie with Kolea, playing! David is in the background with Hunter who was obviously snorkeling. He's become quite the swimmer! It's about 5' deep where he's swimming.

David is Ryan's younger brother and Dani is his wife. Lexie is Ryan and David's younger sister. The three of them moved here this summer and began attending BYU-H in July for the First Term. It's been fun having them around! =)
Say "CHEESE!"
Ryan was trying to be "good" and get some reading done. The term is only six weeks long and for ONE of his classes he's had FIVE books to read... I swear, that's ALL he's done lately and he's pretty tired of it. Luckily the term ends in two weeks!
A little beach play time!
And here's our crew, sans Me of course since I'm behind the camera! You don't want to see me anyway. I'm nearly 37 weeks prego- not a pretty sight... *shudder*
We left the beach and got cleaned up to head to town for some shopping and dinner. Italian food is Dani's favorite so we went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. One of the hostesses was walking around singing in this beautiful operatic voice! When she found out it was Dani's birthday, she came over and serenaded her with a little birthday song. I wish I would've recorded it- she did a fantastic job!
Time for dessert! And make a wish!
There were plenty of helpers to share the birthday dessert with... YUM!
Oh happy day!

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

I loooove Sunset Beach. The other day I found a chapstick and looked and saw that it had sand stuck to it, sand from Sunset beach, it made me happy to see it.