1.11.2011

Christmas Day

I realized as I climbed into bed in the wee hours of Christmas morning that I hadn't reminded the kids to come into our bedroom before their excitement drove them downstairs. So I came up with this- which might I add was brilliant (if I do say so myself) b/c I could hear their loud whispering voices at SIX am talking (and plotting) about going downstairs to see what Santa brought them... and then they saw-

THIS!!
Of course, leave it to sneaky Hunter to figure out a way to get around things (or under in this case.) He's just so skinny dang it! Luckily, he also happens to be our most obedient child and he knows that things like this mean business. Also, he can read now and I was counting on that so he could inform Gabriella of why this gate and sign were preventing them (and extending the amount of time) from getting to presents! Haha! I love it when my plan comes together. :)
We didn't have to wait long for Kolea to wake up b/c Hunter and Gabriella were pretty loud in their excitement. We decided to go ahead with things before River woke up so we could focus on the older three for a bit. Merry Christmas!
Kolea had discovered Gabriella's doll house even before Gabriella did.
Good morning sweet pea! Hunter made me my necklace and wrapped it all by himself :)
Kolea is our little Rock Star!
River got a walker!
Hunter had been asking for BIG FOOT for months!!!
Ryan gave me this. It's pretty dope.
This was Ryan's favorite present! We've already played a number of times. It's a GREAT game!
After our morning festivities and Skyping with family we did what most families here do on Christmas... we hit the BEACH! We met up with our same friends that we had over on Christmas Eve. Lili is Gabriella's age. She was building a sand snowman!
This is most of the group! And you can see all of the kids except for River who was sleeping in the background in the car seat. What a fun bunch!
Merry Christmas everyone! We hope it was wonderful for all of you!

2 comments:

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Wow, Christmas in Hawaii and on the beach!!! How cool! Love your little Chrismtas morning note! I've played Ticket to Ride once and it was a lot of fun. Looks like we are both catching up on blogging today :)

Sara Ann said...

You are so funny with that note! I totally want to play with that doll house:) I love the beach too! What an awesome way to spend Christmas day:)