9.17.2011

Mainland Trip Part Two: Endowment & Storm

I love the Denver Temple, probably b/c it was "my" temple for a number of years with living in Fort Collins, CO. On this particularly beautiful evening my soon to be, SIL, Bekah, was receiving her endowments.
My sis, Camille and her hubby, Ryan were there
Of course, my goofy brother, Michael and Bekah! And both sets of parents were there- with me!
That evening as Camille and I were driving back from the temple it began to pour. No, it began to dump- torrential rains. It was SO bad that we had to pull over. It. was. BAD. I don't know if I've even been in a rain storm quite like that... and then it began to hail. Oh the joy! Anyhow, she dropped me off at my in-law's around 11 pm and by 11:30 pm I received a phone call from my renters- who didn't know I was in town, thinking it was 4 hours earlier in Hawaii.
Anyhow, they began to tell me about this CRAZY storm that had just come through and how the basement was flooding!!! They were trying to figure out what to do... Turns out, I phoned my dad and got him out of bed at midnight to go over to my house (the pics you see) to help me clean up the mess (with my renters!) They had gone to Walmart to purchase a shop vac and I knew that my dad also had one. I thought that between both, we might be able to take care of the mess... All of this happened on Wednesday, June 8th (and 9th in the wee hours of the morning.) See all of that hail? Nuts-o!
This is hail that was piled up in the window well and the rail just came pouring through the seal.
That's my dad- good ol' dad holding the shop vac. We sucked up buckets and buckets full of water!!
Then we pulled the carpet back and sucked up some more on the pad! It was a crazy kind of night but everyone was great and we got it taken care of! I phoned a friend that has a carpet cleaning company (they also stretch carpets) and they were able to come and put the carpet back how it goes once everything dried :) And it only cost me $75. Whew! Time for bed!
Oh and did I mention that Ryan was on a business trip during this week to Detroit or some random place?

No comments: