9.14.2011

May 5th 2011 = TEN years

When Ryan proposed, and I said "yes!" I don't think I ever really knew what was in store for us. Naturally, I don't think anyone really does! But I was never able to really see past my own nose, let alone look ten years into the future and imagine that we'd make it to that anniversary and what we'd actually be doing at the time... Not that I ever doubted we'd make it to the anniversary, I just never really thought about it!

Well, on May 5, 2011 we made it. And it was pretty "unremarkable" as far as the world might see it. But for us- it was pretty dang wonderful.

We began the evening by going to get some sushi as an afternoon snack! This place is basically "fast food" sushi and we LoVe it! Especially since we didn't have the kids so we didn't have to share... they also love Ninja Sushi!
Our next stop was in town at Surf Garage. Aren't those boards pretty? Ryan wanted a new board for his anniversary gift and since it was "TEN YEARS" I agreed to it :) What did I get?? I'm still waiting to cash in on my last two years' worth of gifts which are Tahitian Pearls! I get to pick out earrings (last year's gift) and now either a bracelet or necklace to go with the earrings... but here it is the middle of September and it hasn't happened yet :( What's the deal Ry?

Good things come to those who wait, right? And they say that diamonds are a girl's best friend... maybe I'll hold out another year and I can roll all of it into some fatty Hearts On Fire diamond earrings... not like I'd ever have a place to wear them too... but you never know!
After Surf Garage, where Ryan picked up a sick board (no, I never say "sick" but in this instance it is appropriate!) we were really lame and went to the Ala Moana mall and walked around. The reason it was so relaxing and nice to do was the simple fact that the kids were home with a babysitter! We went into Bath and Body Works- which was exciting because it had just opened here! I was finally able to get some cute and yummy smelling soaps for my ridiculous number of four bathrooms :)
After a brief visit at the mall we finally went to dinner at our favorite spot, Ruth's Chris. It was wonderful, as always! And yes, that is escargot :) The funny thing is, it really just tastes like a mushroom in garlic and butter- then you sop up everything with the bread... oh my goodness I'm salivating, it's SO wonderful!
I know, cheesy right? I had to take a pic of dinner! I always get the petite fillet (this is the ONLY place I will order a steak.) There is minimal (if any) fat on it and it's SO incredibly tender! Also, their steaks come out on that plate, sizzling in butter because it just came from a 500 degree, broiling oven... all of that juice you see on the plate is butter. We don't worry about calories on a night like this!
They always give a complimentary dessert when it's your anniversary and this time we got these mini cupcakes which were super fun :)
Happy Anniversary to Us! Love you Ryan! You are the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me :) You were my great idea! Thanks for choosing me!

1 comment:

Lindsay Rondo said...

Happy anniversary! That is a big landmark! You guys are in the double digits! :) You two are wonderful.

And I think you have encouraged me to try escargot...